Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Why Canadian Politics is more interesting than American Politics

Actual (abbreviated) transcript from yesterday's question period in Parliament:

Bill Graham: "Mr. Speaker, I congratulate the Prime Minister on his photo op. He was spectacular in that gown he was wearing."

Stephen Harper: "I can add in terms of photo ops that there is a tradition at APEC to do pictures in traditional garb. Unlike the Leader of the Opposition, I had to wear the silk on the outside."

Bill Graham: "Mr. Speaker, I can assure the Prime Minister that I have just as many embarrassing pictures of myself as they do on that side."

Stephen harper: "Also I can say in regard to my well-known agenda to control the press, I will work closely with the Leader of the Opposition to keep those photos of him out of the media."

Seriously

I'm not making this up

Canada's awesome.

2 comments:

Medieval said...

Well, at least Harper has a sense of humour about all the stuff people bash him over.

I can respect him for that.

Although I think his party is just wasting resources to make changes that make little difference.

James said...

I was discussing this with my father over the weekend, and I think his policy is "If I don't do anything, I can't do anything wrong". Not to say he's not done anything. We are going to study climate change for the next 44 years, that's a big commitment :)

I give the government until the beginning of Spring before they get taken down and we have another election (and Liberal government).