Monday, November 20, 2006

Me Brain No Worky

So it turns out that when you completely shut your brain down for an entire weekend, it's hard to get started on Monday.

Frankly I'm surprised at the amount of work I've accomplished today in my pseudo-sleepwalking state. Let me give you a rundown of what I "did" this weekend:

Friday night:
  • 5:30pm: drove out to Wheatley
  • 7:00pm: Watched Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh (that Sabres team is scary good)
Saturday:
  • Slept until almost 11am
  • installed a ceiling fan (with a remote!)
  • 12:00: Minnesota vs. Iowa
  • 3:30pm: Michigan vs. Ohio State (damn that was a great game)
  • 7:00pm: Leafs vs. Devils
  • 10:00pm: Red Wings vs. Edmonton (I made it through the second period before I damn near passed out)
Sunday:
  • 1:00pm: Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland
  • 4:00pm: Detroit vs. Arizona (the Lions are freakin' terrible)
  • 6:30pm: Grey Cup: B.C. vs. Montreal
  • 9:45pm: Drive home from Wheatley
That might be a record for me, watching 8 whole games (with some slight overlap) in just over 48 hours...no wonder I'm tired.

1 comment:

Medieval said...

That sounds like a great time.

I'm not that into sports, but that would be like me having 2-3 days of straight video game playing /movie watching. Good times.

My brain rarely is fully functional on Mondays (well, today seems to be an exception). I think of it has a "warm up" period. Friday's are sometimes "cool down" periods.