Tuesday, November 07, 2006

NaNoWriMo Update

Yeah, so this whole writing 1667 words a day for a month thing isn't going as smoothly as I had anticipated.

It started out great, I wrote 1500 words the first day and came to a logical place to stop, anxious to keep the momentum going. Since then, however, I've written another 1500 words...in six days. So that leaves me at ~3,000 words when to keep pace I should be at 11669 by the end of the day.

The sad thing is, I've got the majority of the story mapped out in my head, I just haven't sat down and put it on paper yet. That's the only thing that makes me think I can still get this done in time.

Nonetheless, I will persevere...though next year I may follow in the footsteps of Scott and Sara et. al. and do NaBloPoMo instead :)

Oh, and I'm aware that writing this blog post is time I could have spent increasing my word count, but I'm still at school and have a lab to teach in half an hour...during which I plan to be increasing my word count :)

No comments: