Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This is getting ridiculous

What the hell is with this heat? The temperature today is expected to be 37 C. With the humidex, it's going to feel like 51 C!

51 freaking degrees! Before I left the house this morning I filled my water bottle. I put 6 ice cubes in the bottle and filled it with cold water from the pitcher in the fridge. I went outside, had been out there for about 2 minutes, went to take a drink, and the ice had all melted. I've got a 10 minute walk to the school, and I was beading with sweat by the time I got here. I think the "world jump day" people had it right.

Damn the geological processes warming up the earth!
Damn all the pollution that causes the smog!
Damn the sun!
Damn August!

Bring on fall!

3 comments:

ElaineMI said...

Thank God for air conditioning.

I need to bring you one of these mugs they sell at 7-ll. They're 54 oz and I fill mine with as much ice as it can hold and then I fill it with water. I have ice water all day. What color would you like? They come in red, green and I think blue.

James said...

Actually, my nalgene bottle does fine. It holds a litre of water (~ 32ox), and we have a water cooler here in the building that we use, so I've got a nice fresh supply of cold water all day.

I just thought it was interesting that the ice would melt that quickly :)

ElaineMI said...

Well darn......there goes another Christmas present idea out the window!!