Wednesday, August 02, 2006

STOP IT!!!!!

Why are news outlets allowed to espouse theory as fact???

Temperatures are reaching triple digits across the country and air conditioners are working overtime. They are also injecting additional carbon into the air, a gas known to insulate the planet and contribute to global warming.

Yes, the emphasis is mine, but hey, I have a response: YOU DON'T KNOW THAT, AND NEITHER DO I! NO ONE DOES! I'm all for clean air, and doing whatever we can to keep the air clean and breathable, but let's not present theory (well grounded, well researched theory, but still theory) as fact!

I think this post needs a dose of the flying spaghetti monster:

Global Warming and Pirates

So there, I'll get off my soapbox now.

3 comments:

James said...

Yeah, I know. But we've had more time to study that and are pretty damn sure that it's right...we just aren't quite sure how it works yet.

I don't dispute global warming is occuring, facts are facts. I simply take issue with the idea that we know that we are causing it. We don't know that. We think we are, the data shows that there is a correlation between increases in emissions and increases in temperature, but we haven't proven anything. That's where my beef is.

Sara and Scott said...

I personally blame the pirates.

ElaineMI said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR