Monday, July 31, 2006

so double the killer delete select all

It seems that Macrohard's Vista operating system is moving along quite well. At a demo for the voice-recognition software.
Instead of typing, "Dear mom," as Shanen Boettcher had instructed, the computer spurted out: "Dear aunt."

After the first round of chuckles, Boettcher said "Fix aunt," but the words, "let's set" appeared on the screen.

"Delete that," he said - three times to no avail before suggesting that an echo in the room was foiling the presentation.

The loudest laughs came after he told the computer to select all, which prompted it to finish the sentence it had started with the words: "so double the killer delete select all."

Link

I was reading this article thinking it sounded very familiar, well, here's why:



Fear not however, we all know how great Windows 98 turned out...that's why ME was so good, because it was based on the 98 framework. It was much more stable than the 2000-based XP.

/end sarcasm

Vista will drive people to Linux...I can see it now.

2 comments:

Medieval said...

I think the problem is there's no real reason for most people - including myself, to want to upgrade to this OS. Unless ofcourse MS gets it to be the standard, within a few years I'll have to get it I guess :)

XP is fine for me - stable, the most important thing that Windows 9X never had (ME being worse than '98).

James said...

Exactly. Right after I posted this I thought "people won't use linux, they'll just stick with XP".

I haven't read a ton about Vista, but I have heard that system requirements will be quite hefty. People always had a reason to switch before, since their version of Windows was crash-happy, so they wanted the next version to see if it wasn't crash happy, with predictable results (with the exception of 2000, that's a good OS).

I don't even know why I desire to see people adopt a *NIX operating system so badly, I guess it's the simplicity in OS design. I haven't used Ubuntu a lot, but it's a very nice and slick OS. I think a lot of people don't use open source because they immediately assume that open source = bad, which isn't the case. I know there is some proprietary software that has to be run on Windows (like the GIS software I use), so that forces people to use it.

Heh, damn XP just gave me a reminder that "my copy of windows is not genuine". I guess it downloaded that damn genuine advantage notification thing behind my back. And since you can't uninstall it or tell it to stop barking at you, I guess I'll have to listen to them. It says to "click here to solve the problem". Does that mean that the link open up my Ubuntu partition? Because that's the easy (and free) way to solve that problem.