Sunday, April 24, 2005

An open letter to television broadcasters

I'm so sick of having to change the volume to adjust for each station. It's so annoying when you're flipping back and forth between 2 shows and the volume on one is a bunch lower than the other. So you get watching one at a normal volume, and when you flip you can barely hear the other, so you have to turn up the volume. Then when you flip back, the volume is rediculously loud. I typically set the volume to around 17-20 on my tv, and today I was watching a movie and had to turn it up to 30 to hear it, and then the commercials were obnoxiously loud and I had to keep switching back and forth. It really took away from my studying time having to keep changing the volume. So if I fail my exam tomorrow, it's the Space Network's fault.

And on a side note, the movie I was watching was one of the older Star Trek ones, which I've seen a couple times, but I always miss the first part and have no idea why they have to travel back in time to save humpback whales. Hell, I don't even know which movie it was.

2 comments:

Medieval said...

Perhaps just as bad is the volume change with commercials. They are almost always significantly louder than the program. Volume up, volume down.

Well, we finally got the "nice" weather for studying, cold and crappy ;/

James said...

Heh, no kidding. I took Sunday off so I could study, and I would have been pissed had it been 80 degrees and sunny.

Only one to go, then I get to spend the next week and a half trying to crank out this project, I have to demo it on the day before we leave, then the monday after we get back. I can see that one now.

"This is BoreIS, it allows you to.....ah screw it, I just got back from vacation. See me in a week."