Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Brrrrrrrr

It's teetering around 0 degrees right now, and the university has the freakin' AIR CONDITIONING ON!

I'm wearing a sweater and a jacket and my hands and feet are freezing. Seriously, wouldn't it save the school money to not be air conditioning the school in the beginning of January? This is why I laugh when people from other departments complain about the bad conditions in their buildings, we don't even have control over the temperature anywhere in the building!

2 comments:

Medieval said...

Essex Hall is bad too ,but it's only like 50 years old, not 500 like Dillon and Memorial :)

I have the same problem in my building, sometimes - I've been told the boiler works on a "temperature sensor" - when it gets cold, it clicks on, etc.

Well, that's not how it works. The sensor is broken, or something. It's on a fucking timer. ;)

James said...

Yeah, all the buildings on this end of the campus (except the CAW Centre) seem pretty bad. I think part of the problem is that I sit right under a vent at my desk, but the way our lab is designed there's not much I can do about it.

Ah well, that's why we all keep sweaters in the lab.