Saturday, July 02, 2005

Why I Love Canada

I'm sitting here watching Live 8 right now, and it's been pretty good. The hosts came on stage and said they were about to go to Las Vegas, and immediately the crowd starts booing. The hosts tried to cover it up, but everyone knew what Las Vegas meant...Celine Dion. And that's when it hit me, one of the great things about this country is the fact that we speak our mind, even against our own. We're not afraid to say when something pisses us off. Why boo Dion? Well, maybe because miss "I don't want to lose any of my millions and millions of dollars by missing a Vegas show, so I'll just show a taped broadcast of one of my vegas shows, that way I don't have to lose any money" didn't feel like actually coming to Canada for the show. There are 2 or 3 artists I've seen on here already that have said they're double booked today with shows in other parts of North America, and they're flying out to those shows straight from here, but they still came.

She already has the sellout reputation, and this sure as hell didn't help her. Well, I'm going to go listen to some more music. Not long till OLP baby!

Oh, and not to be a shill, but sign the Live 8 List.

No comments: