Thursday, September 07, 2006

I need sleep

I had an absolute blast this past week in Ottawa/Kanata/Arnprior. Scott and Sara's wedding was a great time and went off without a hitch (even though the weather forced us inside). The ceremony was beautiful, the reception was fun, and I got to see a little bit of a city I've never seen before, and I even spent some time on the dance floor without making a total jackass of myself!

I also got to spend some time with family who I don't get to see nearly as often as I would like, which was great. The only downfall, of course, was the lack of sleep. But when you cram a lot of driving and late nights into a week, that's what happens.

Congrats guys!

5 comments:

ElaineMI said...

I can barely keep my eyes open and I've been still running since I got home, with the party for Mike this weekend and me having to work tomorrow (kill the boss....yea yea...kill the boss). It was a great time and yep, you looked great on the dance floor.

Medieval said...

Late nights, lots of drinking and partying, that's what weddings are for! :)

Oh oh, James looked great on the dance floor, that must have been a scary sight ;)

Of course, I can't talk; at Dani's aunt's 25th wedding reunion last week, I was dancing intoxicated to "500 Miles" by the Proclaimers.. ;)

I didn't get up for the hustle though; I would just end up going the opposite way as everyone else and knocking them over like bowling pins.

James said...

Heh, you've gotta pick your battles when you dance like I do. That's why I made sure to be up there for "Vacations" by Spirit of the West.

That's a song where dancing equals jumping up and down, randomly kicking your legs to the beat, and locking arms with the nearest person and spinning around while hopping to the beat. I love dancing to celtic style music!

Scott McCarthy said...

Glad you had a good time! Our friend / photographer took over 800 pictures, not to mention everyone else's we will be going through. I'll pe posting them on my Fotki site as soon as we get them and weed through them. (There's a link on my blog.)
So called vacations always get people on the floor. Love the Rasputin song too!

James said...

Hope you had a good time. Looking forward to the pictures! Good luck sorting them, though :)