Friday, March 17, 2006

I know you are, but what am I?

You have to love it when a Senator acts like a 4 year old.

You're a doody head

So there's this family from Minnesota that cancelled plans to travel to Canada in protest of the annual seal hunt. Seems reasonable enough, that's a sensible way to protest. In order to get their point across, the family wrote a letter explaining this to all Canadian Senators, saying that they love Canada and have Canadian anscestors, but they would not travel to Canada again if the seal hunt was to continue. Now here's where it gets good. The only senator (capital left out intentionally) to respond was Liberal Celine Hervieux-Payette. She sent a letter to the McLellan family saying, in response to the McLellans finding the seal hunt horrible and inhumaine, that what she finds horrible is

"the daily massacre of innocent people in Iraq, the execution of prisoners – mainly blacks – in American prisons, the massive sale of handguns to Americans, the destabilization of the entire world by the American government's aggressive foreign policy, etc."

She said Americans are not in a position to criticize others. "They must start to look at their own behaviour, the permanent heightening of the planet's insecurity since the election of Bush"
This is one of the most immature and childish things I've ever heard come out of a Canadian politician, and that's saying something. You'd think she was a child. It sounds like something out of a 2nd grade classroom...

Family: we think the seal hunt is inhumaine and will not travel to Canada until it is stopped

senator: your President is stupid

Family: what does that have to do with anything, I'm simply voicing my displeasure with the seal hunt

senator: if you people wouldn't have elected Bush, the world would be a better place

Family: not that it's relevant, but Minnesota voted Democrat in the last 2 elections

senator: you're a stupid head

Lord help us if we're all judged by the actions of the people we elect...not all Americans are megalomaniacs and abusive soldiers, and not all Canadians are baby eating robots or senators with the tact of a child.

3 comments:

Table Mountains said...

read your bio (My life revolves around my friends, my family, my TV, my CD collection, and my guitar.)

good for you!our lives in newfoundland revolves around family and our culture.i support the seal hunt,my neighbours,my family,some of whom depend on it.if some american don't want to visit canada because of it,then let them stay home.soon the way things are going very few countries will want them anyway.

James said...

Thanks for reading!

I see your point, and I've never taken issue with the seal hunt. People don't know why it's done, they just think about seals being killed and figure that's that.

My issue is with the childish antics of the senator...though being 23 and having followed Canadian politics for a lot of those years I don't know why I'm surprised that a politician would do something stupid.

ElaineMI said...

Friendly sort, eh?