Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Federal Debate II: The Sequel

For those of you who missed the debate last night, I'll summarize for you.

Harper: The Liberals are corrupt...and did you notice that I wear turtlenecks now...I'm casual like that.

Layton: We need more women and immigrants in Parliament, and proportional representation will give us that...and the Liberals are corrupt.

Duceppe: The Liberals are corrupt...and Quebec is special.

Martin: I've dealt with the allegations of corruption...I'm hear to deal with the issues...Mr Harper, how would you strengthen the Charter?

Harper: I believe that can be accomplished when the government is accountable and not corrupt...and that Prime Ministers should wear turtlenecks...I'm not a robot you know.

Basically it was a night of three party leaders reiterating the corruption allegations against the Liberals, and Martin trying to deal with the issues. All in all, if you missed it, I envy you.

2 comments:

Medieval said...

That's why I didn't bother.

I really want to try to make an educated decision, but these "politicians" are making it difficult.

From your synopsis, it seems the Martin is the only guy with a speck of worth. ;)

Reading "book a minute" style politics :)

James said...

heh, I was actually going to call my post "Debate A Minute", but decided to rip off the Airplane sequel instead.