Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition

I don't think I've ever told my TV to shut up more than I have tonight. I think I hate everybody on the damn show, but it's so hard to tell when there's 40 different people to keep track of. Some interesting tidbits so far:

The token black family was introduced as "The Black Family" (Black is the family name, but it was still funny).

The family who lost their husband/father in an accident at a race track when he was hit by a car lost control of a buggy and just about ran over the mother.

Those little kids singing "She'll be coming around the mountain..." drove me nuts.

Some great quotes:
"Pennsylvania is a state I think."
"Doesn't anyone wish we had a handicapped kid so we could get a better parking spot?"

The team of pink-wearing blondes makes my ears hurt. Their typical conversation goes as follows:
Blonde #1: "Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech."
Blonde #2: "Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee---"
Interrupted by Blonde #3 with the ever so informative: "Sqwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak."
Then #4 would chime in with: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Then they all start yelling and screaming...and they won the first leg...my ears are bleeding.

5 comments:

Kelley C. Butler said...

Sorry, you don't know me...but I read your blog and you're right.
The show has definitely branched out into scary territory...

Sara and Scott said...

I like the Coming round the Mountain kids.

I knew most Americans on reality TV shows could be beaten at a game of wit, strength and smarts by a 7 year old.

James said...

I don't watch much reality TV myself, but this show has had me addicted for a few years.

It was fun watching that team of 20-somethings struggle while being passed by the parents and their singing children. It should make for an interesting season.

Sara and Scott said...

Yeah, I was kind of sad that the Black family got eliminated rather than that stupid Italian family who spends their time screaming at each other, and verbally abusing the poor mother.

James said...

Families like that freak me out. They communicate through yelling all the damn time. I suppose it's theraputic to do that rather than bottle it up, but still, you're on national TV for crying out loud.