Sunday, March 20, 2005

Decisions Decisions Decisions

So it's the first day of Spring, and it's bitter cold. Why must Windsor have such wierd weather? Stupid great lakes!

Otherwise, right now I'm stuck making decisions about what to do with the next couple years of my life. Grad school? Maybe. Work? Maybe. Who knows. On one hand grad school is guaranteed money, but working is not guaranteed but more money. And to commit two years of my life to grad school to do research isn't a simple decision. It's a lifestyle choice.

But enough seriousness. I watched "The Iron Chef" for the first time, and that might be the stupidest thing on TV that I've ever seen. Actually, stupid may not be the right word because it is entertaining. It's just so...over the top.

"TODAY'S SECRET INGREDIENT IS.............................................TURNIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dude, it's turnips. Relax fella, you need a rest. I just don't get it. A memo just went up at work for our company's Iron Chef competition. I think I'll spice up my mac & cheese with a delicate blend of MSG and heroin. I may not win, but a week later I'll have the most popular mac & cheese on the planet.

Okay...could they not be more innovative than "Kitchen Stadium". I wonder what the translation actually is. Oh, we're about to find out about todays challenger. I love how the host shouts out a string of Asian language and throws in english. "Toi cha nee no baa IRON CHEFS!"

Okay. Okay, here comes todays secret ingredient. Oh no they didn't. It can' be. That's insane. It's CABBAGE. OK, who had cabbage in the pool? My money's on the iron chef. What the hell, how they're telling a story about cabbage. This is getting stupid. I'm done.

7 comments:

Medieval said...

Decisions suck.

You're right about it being a lifestyle choice. Even though as opposed to undegrad, in grad school you do make some money. But it's not like working full time money. It's just enough to scrape by money.

:)

Zutroy said...

Turnips, cabbage... I say next week is potatoes.

Medieval said...

Gotta have some beer to go with those potatoes. Fine Irish cuisine.

Zutroy said...

Oh man, I had a few pints of Moosehead Lager on tap this weekend. That is some fucking awesome beer.

James said...

But I look at grad school money as more secure than working money. Even though it's a lot less money it's more "guaranteed".

As far as Irish cuisine, i've got 2 steaks marinating in my fridge in beer (Keith's to be exact). My brother keeps telling me how good it is, so I'll try it.

Moosehead is pretty good, haven't had it in a few years though. When we ordered it it came in a giant plastic bottle.

So now how does a guy with "No ID" get beer on tap? Unless you've got a keg/tap installed in your house. In which case I'll be right over.

Zutroy said...

I wasn't carded.

Sara and Scott said...

The Bridge on University never cards.

Ever

I don't think they can read anyway.