Wednesday, January 19, 2005

"We say more by saying nothing at all"

I can't come up with titles, so I'm using random song lyrics from whatever I'm listening to.

Well, I realized today that one of my profs is slightly insane. He's knowledgeable, fun, and a good teacher, but he kept talking about his hamster. I'm sitting at the back of the class next week.

Hey, I just realized that the title I picked completely contradicts the fact that I'm typing in a blog. Oh well.

I must also recognize the newest addition to the blogging community out of people I know. Matt's blog is shaping up nicely, it's in my side panel if you're interested. I also found out today that I have to re-take a road test which I took 5 years ago since my license expired. This is a message to all the procrastinators out there:
GET IT DONE, AND GET IT DONE NOW! I'm not too worried, I'm just out of practice since I haven't driven in over a year. Should feel nice to get back behind the wheel though.

I went to play pool with a friend of mine last weekend and realized how much I suck. I guess it's a matter of practice, I don't play that often. I did manage to win a game, but only because my opponent sank the 8-ball. I can't remember the last time I won a game by actually beating my opponent as opposed to my opponent screwing up.

I also found out this week that I'm going to spend the next 8 months writing a piece of software to display borehole data (among other things) in a GIS. If that last sentence was gibberish (jibberish? What's the proper spelling? I have no idea), then don't worry, you're just like 90% of the population. I'm excited though, and I'll definately learn a lot.

And finally, I'd like to recognize Trevor Linden, as he must have read my earlier post on the NHL lockout and been inspired to restart negotiations. Nice work Trevor! So all you hockey fans, if these new talks end in a new agreement, you have me to thank!

I own all.

1 comment:

Medieval said...

Heh. You ever seen Ellen Degeneres' comedy specials?

"Don't hesitate. Procrastinate NOW!"