Thursday, December 02, 2004

Hello

Okay, my blog at angelfire kinda disappeared. I can still add posts to it, but when I try to view the blog it says it doesn't exist. Yet if it doesn't exist then how can I add posts to it? You see why my mind has been taking me in circles for a while now. I figured if I thought about it much more the universe might collapse in upon itself, which wouldn't make a good birthday present for me tomorrow.

And, coming to a Darwin Award near you:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/30/lava.lamp.death.ap/index.html

For those too lazy to click the link, in essence, a guy was trying to heat up a lava lamp on his stove, when it exploded causing one of the shards of the glass casing to puncture his heart. Wow.

And under the brilliantly stupid category, the age old "Separation of Church and State" debate has taken an interesting turn, where a teacher has been told to stop using the Declaration of Independence as a teaching aid, since it contains the word God:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1124041declar1.html

I think the next logical step is to ban the phrase "Separation of Church and State" since it contains the word "Church". Let's call it the "Separation of *wink wink* and State". I like it.

...Oh my, breaking news, I've just been informed that the Declaration of Independence was created over 200 years ago, yet just now someone realized that the word "God" was in it. Now, I know I'm not an American so I don't have the same reverence for these documents, but how did "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." get turned into "The Declaration of Independence is unconstitutional".

The teacher is has now filed suit so that he may continue using copies of the Declaration to teach US history. So, they want kids to know American history, they just aren't allowed to read about it. It's like the time Homer smoked pot,

"Daddy's wonderful new medicine, which you MUST NEVER USE, let's him hear and see magical new things." I'm done ranting about this, come find me when the US Constitution becomes unconstitutional.

No comments: