Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year

I know I'm about 8 hours early, but that's okay. To anyone who visits this page, I hope your 2005 is better than your 2004 (or at least, not any worse).

Now, let's get to the moral of the post. If I can give you any advice for the new year, if you're going to make any resolutions, make sure the following is one of them. In fact, if you will, I'd like you to say it with me:

"I, , resolve to place my keys in the same spot after coming home every day in 2005".

Yes, there's a story to be told here. I was visiting my family these last few days, and they asked me to go get some onions out of the garage. However, the key was nowhere to be found, turns out it was left in the garage. That's okay, there's a spare set on my dad's key ring. Problem was, my dad's keys were missing. Again, that's okay, because there are two garage door openers. One of which is on the visor of the car in the garage, so that's out. The second of which is sitting on the table...with no batteries. Hmm. It's a small town, all the shops are closed, no chance to get batteries. Windows are locked, so I can't climb in there and unlock it from the inside. Hmm. Well, I guess we have to wait until the next morning to go get batteries from the store so we can put them in the opener and get into the garage. We did that, only the opener still wouldn't work. Okay then, there's only one solution left: pick the lock.

With a hammer.

It worked, and we got in the garage.

20 minutes later we found my dad's keys under the kitchen table. Such a fun story (as long as you weren't involved).

Now, to my New Year's Resolution: Weight Loss. Now, I'm sort of cheating since I've lost almost 25 lbs. since June, but there's more work to be done. So, I'll be keeping everyone up to date here.

2 comments:

Scott McCarthy said...

Ah ha ha ha. .....with a hammer.
I love it.

James said...

Dad's such as subtle guy after all :)