Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A bit of relief

A few months ago I had a bit of panic set in when I sat down with my supervisor and compared the amount of work I had left to do with the amount of time I had left to do it. We paced out how long each task would take, and it had me finishing in mid-late June, not leaving much time for thesis writing and the inevitable spillover.

Since then I've been a bit more focused on my work, and it's definitely paid off. I presented what I've done so far to my fellow lab-mates and my supervisor, and at the end he said that he saw no issue with me finishing on time (by August). There had been some concern that I would end up spilling over into an extra term.

So as of right now I could probably have the rest of my thesis work done in about a month of work, not including the writing I have to do. Now that may not seem like much considering I still have about 6 months to go. However, I've got 3 publications to work on (2 of which I'm the lead on) that are due between now and April 15th, a presentation for one of those publications in May, two weeks in Halifax in June (including some demo prep work I have to do before hand and a poster to create), along with actually writing my thesis, doing GA work, and finishing my thesis work, I don't think I'll have any problems filling my time between now and the end of August.

But the good news is that I finally see light at the end of the tunnel, and am now energized about getting things done again.

No comments: