Monday, February 05, 2007

Prince + Foo Fighters = Wrong

Did anyone else watch Prince butcher a Foo Fighters song at the Super Bowl halftime show? That was freaking ridiculous. Who does a cover at the freaking Super Bowl halftime show?

It's not that I'm a Prince fan by any means, I'm completely indifferent to him and his music. It's just that when a "guy" has a chance to sing four songs to a gigantic audience (170+ countries), I think he should sing four of his own songs. Instead, he sings two of his own songs (at least I think so, I've never heard that last song he did before) bookended around a Foo Fighters cover and a Tina Turner cover (seriously).

On the other hand, we were provided with these:





2 comments:

Medieval said...

Too bad I might as well drink water if I'm going to drink Bud Light.

Thanks for the "best of" commercials. I don't care about foozeball, so I didn't watch the game, but I love the commercials ;)

I like a few Prince songs, can't stand the rest, though the guys definitely got talent, thought he is very strange, and well, eccentric... etc. Perhaps he thought singing other people's songs would show diversification or something.. who knows.

I like what the Stone's did: play 2 of their most well known hits and 1 from their newer album.

When you are playing at the Superbowl, you should play at least some of your most well known songs that people will recognize.

I have to see what Foo Fighters song he did, my God.

James said...

Here's a Link

It starts with some Bob Dylan, then he goes into "Best of You". It took me a bit to actually realize what he was doing.

The guy's a great performer and a damn good guitar player, I'm just not a big fan of his music.